London Learning Centre specialises in teaching groups of learners and preparing them for external examinations. We have success rates of between 95% and 100%.
We offer a variety of programmes:
1) Academic: students attend three or four weeks of classes and prepare for an external examination at LLC (Trinity ISE 0, I, II, or III) or at a nearby centre (Cambridge exams –KET, PET, FCE, CAE, CPE).
2) General study: students attend two, three, or four weeks of classes and prepare for an external examination at LLC (Trinity GESE levels 1-12).
3) English and methodology for teachers of English: trainee teachers or experienced teachers receive practical training in the use of ELT methodology and attend English classes in preparation for a higher-level English qualification (Trinity ISE III, IV or Cambridge CAE or CPE).
4) Vocational: students attend three or four weeks of classes and prepare for an external vocational English examination at LLC (Trinity ‘Spoken English for Work’). This exam reflects the student’s individual field of work or study. Students may choose different subjects from the rest of their group because the category depends on their individual topic presentation.
Trinity ‘Spoken English for Work’ categories:1. Advertising & Media 2. Design & the Arts 3. Education & Training 4. Health & Public Services 5. Hospitality & Tourism 6. IT & Communications 7. Law & Government 8. Management & Administration 9. Manufacturing & Engineering 10. Marketing & Public Relations 11. Retail & Finance 12. Science & Technology
Popular student evenings at the College include the Film Club and Quiz Night.
In addition to the activities offered in the table below, we offer visits and excursions to the following:
- The Houses of Parliament
- The High Court
- Victoria & Albert Museum (the world’s biggest design museum)
- The British Museum
- Shard Observation Deck
- London Eye
- London Aquarium
- Vertigo 42
- The Wellcome Collection
|Science Museum (free)||River boat to Greenwich, visit the Observatory (about £8)||Natural History Museum (free)||Tate Modern (free)||
|Visit Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Oxford (£50)|
Explore Brick Lane, eat curry and sweetmeats (about £15)
Go bowling (about £10)
Visit London’s historic locations
We Will Rock You
Ghost walk (£10)
Our organised activities operate in summer and winter.
We welcome group leaders’ input and are happy to adapt the cultural programme to the needs of the group.
We pride ourselves in delivering programmes that learners and their students find both enjoyable and professionally and/or academically rewarding.
For more information or to arrange a programme, please contact Ross Kirkby: firstname.lastname@example.org